It appears your browser may be outdated. For the best website experience, we recommend
browser. learn more
1. All volunteers operating a golf cart must watch a safety video and sign the cart safety acknowledgment form.
Cart Smart Video Cart Smart Acknowledgement Form
2. All volunteers must abide by the safety rules found on the steering wheel of each cart and the back of this sheet 3. Do not drive a cart that has not been assigned to you. Only use a cart when absolutely necessary - walk to your destination if at all possible. 4. Support our safety culture of “See Something, Say Something” - please take a photo and report any infractions to your committee chair or vice chair. 5. Only drive in designated areas and paths for carts 6. One person per seat, no passengers on the front or back of carts, NO EXCEPTIONS. 7. Do not overload golf carts with cargo or equipment. 8. Avoid any use of a mobile device while driving a cart. Absolutely NO drinking and driving. 9. Keep legs and arms inside cart while in motion. 10. Maintain safe speeds at all times and be cognizant of foot traffic.
GOLF CART SAFETY RULES - THINK CART SMART!
• ONE PERSON PER SEAT, NO STANDING ON BACK - NO EXCEPTIONS! • No golf cart will be operated by an intoxicated person. • Only authorized people may drive a golf cart. • Do not drive the golf cart until all occupants are seated. • Prior to driving the golf cart, check to see if it is set to go forward or backward; make adjustments as necessary. • Never make a sharp turn, even on a straight-away. Approach a hill or rise in a straight line. • Slow down and drive with extra caution when the grass is wet. • Set the parking brake before leaving the cart. • Remove the keys when the golf cart is left unattended.
The PGA TOUR has established safety rules and procedures for the safe operation of golf carts and cargo vehicles:
• Golf carts should be operated at a moderate speed, equivalent to a well-paced walk in congested areas. • Reduce speed to compensate for inclines, pedestrians and weather conditions. • Slow down and drive with extra caution when the grass is wet.
• Operators should be conscious of their surroundings and should never back up without making sure there is no person or obstruction behind the cart. • Prior to driving the cart, check to see if it is set to go forward or backward and make adjustments as necessary.
TURNS AND OPERATION
• Never make a sharp turn, even on a straight-away. • Approach all turns with caution and reduced speed. Rounding curves at excessive speeds can result in someone being thrown from the cart. • Always drive straight up and down a hill. Driving up or down a hill at an angle can cause the cart to tip over. • Watch for obstacles and people. Pedestrians always have the right-of-way.
• All golf carts should only drive on designated paths; refer to the cart routing plan. • If the path is congested, do not take any alternate routes by going under ropes. • Use the carts as they are intended to be used. Do not take carts to places on the golf course where they are not intended to go.
• Park golf carts out of the way of pedestrians and other carts; make sure the golf cart is not in any camera sight line. • Set the parking brake before leaving the cart. • Do not park the cart on an incline. • Never leave the keys in the golf cart when it is unattended.
OPERATOR AND PASSENGER USE
• No golf cart is to be operated with more passengers than seating allows. • No riding on the back of golf carts, or overloading the cart with equipment. • Do not transport passengers unrelated to your role of volunteer services. • Do not drive the golf cart until all occupants are seated. Never stand up in a moving golf cart. • All occupants in the golf cart shall keep hands, arms, legs and feet within the confines of the cart at all times when the cart is in motion, and it is the responsibility of the driver to convey this requirement to the passengers. • Only authorized personnel who have a valid driver’s license issued by the jurisdiction of the Volunteer’s residency and have signed the Golf Cart Safety Acknowledgement below may drive a golf cart provided by the TOUR. • No golf cart will be operated by an intoxicated person. • Each golf cart is assigned to a specific person or vendor. Do not take the nearest golf cart you can find. • Do not remove or exchange the sign that is on each golf cart.
MAINTENANCE AND CART RETURN
• Any mechanical issues with golf carts should be reported to the golf cart committee as soon as possible in order to expedite repair. • Upon conclusion of the Tournament, all golf carts must be returned to the cart staging area. Do not leave carts on the course or parking lots. All carts must be accounted for upon completion of the Tournament.
© 1995-2018 PGA TOUR, Inc | All Rights Reserved.
PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, Web.com Tour, and the Swinging Golfer design are registered trademarks.
Web.com is also a registered trademark used here with permission, and used in the Web.com Tour logo with permission.