Rules & Guidelines
Technology at THE PLAYERS
THE PLAYERS’ mobile device policy
- Devices tablet size and below are allowed on site
- Please silence all mobile devices
- Calls are permitted away from play
- Texting/emailing is allowed anywhere
- NO photographs of play are allowed Thursday through Sunday
- NO video recording is allowed at any time; and repeated violators face device confiscation or removal from event.
Read the entire new PGA TOUR Mobile Device Policy for the 2015-2016 season HERE.
Use #THEPLAYERS on Twitter to share your moment at THE PLAYERS in 2017 and don't forget to mention @THEPLAYERSChamp for a chance to see your tweets on LED scoreboards around the course.
- Opaque bags 6x6x6 and smaller are allowed
- Clear bags 12x6x12 and smaller are allowed
- Spectators may bring food in one gallon clear plastic bags where food items are also wrapped in clear wrap
- NO cameras/video of competition (cameras only allowed Tues & Weds; no video anytime)
- NO radios/other noise–producing devices
- NO coolers
- NO weapons of any kind
- NO outside beverages
You must return prohibited items to your vehicle before entering the grounds. Please be prepared to submit yourself and personal items for inspection.
Help keep THE PLAYERS clean and safe
Fans can text THE PLAYERS staff from anywhere on the course to report an issue. To reach a staff member, simply text "PLAYERS" followed by the issue and location to 69050.
THE PLAYERS is the most technologically advanced golf tournament in the world and has pioneered numerous advances in technology in a number of areas, but with particular focus on enhancing the fan experience.
Tradition of technological leadership
- THE PLAYERS was the first event to have electronic scoreboards (1983) so that fans could better keep up with action around the course.
- THE PLAYERS was one of the first sporting events to use Twitter (2008).
- THE PLAYERS 2007 saw several firsts for tournament golf with the deployment of the TOUR's state of the art Mitsubishi LED Scoreboards, and it was also the first event to run fully produced video highlights on those large format video boards. It became the first event with a fully electronic media center utilizing a 17-projector system with the largest projection screen in the Southeastern United States.
- THE PLAYERS also consistently deploys the most LED solutions of any golf event - 21 LED scoreboards and five large format video boards. To put this in perspective, collectively there are more LED pixels on display at THE PLAYERS than there are in the center displays at AT&T Stadium in Dallas.
THE PLAYERS has implemented several initiatives to make sure fans stay connected
- Devices - Fans are permitted to bring their PDAs, cell phones and tablets onto the grounds.
- Live video coverage of the tournament - Fans can follow a marquee group all four days of the event exclusively on PGA TOUR digital platforms (PGATOUR.COM, mobile and iPad). PGA TOUR Live will follow two key groups each day, providing coverage outside the television window and complimentary coverage during the telecast.
- There's an app for that - The PGA TOUR app is available for download on iPhone, Android, iPad, Windows Phone and Blackberry 10. These free apps feature live leaderboard and scorecards, play-by-play coverage, latest tournament news and video, player information, social media feeds and more. For those who don’t have one of these smartphones, the TOUR’s mobile-optimized website offers fans all the features of the application. Just type pgatour.com into your mobile browser to get THE PLAYERS at your fingertips.
- Track your favorite players - A Google map of the course is available online, allowing fans to track their favorite player from their mobile device, find the best viewing spots on the course, locate the nearest concessions, restrooms and more based on their GPS location. Simply go to livemaps.pgatour.com. On practice round days, follow @THEPLAYERSChamp on Twitter for updates on when marquee players are heading to the range to warm up for their practice round; social media caddies will also provide updates on players’ locations throughout their practice rounds so fans can better locate and follow their favorite players on the course.
Find us @THEPLAYERSChamp - For all the latest behind-the-scenes details, fans should follow THE PLAYERS at facebook.com/THEPLAYERS or on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr @THEPLAYERSChamp.
- Ticket Connections - Stadium pass ticket buyers will have the ability to electronically transfer their tickets to friends and family via email. In a partnership with Ticketmaster, Ticket Transfer is a service that enhances the fan’s purchase experience and creates an easy way for fans to share tickets with friends. This service is available to fans at no additional cost.
PGA TOUR Code of Conduct
Spectators will be subject to expulsion and the loss of ticket privileges for the following breaches of etiquette:
Making rude, vulgar or other inappropriate comments or gestures; Verbal or physical harassment of players, volunteers, officials or spectators; Distracting a player or any disruption of play; Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, unsafe or illegal in nature; Failing to follow the instruction of a championship official, volunteer or security personnel.