Ultimate Fan Guide
THE PLAYERS Championship 2022
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FL - MARCH 14: Fans around the 17th hole during the first round of THE PLAYERS Championship on THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass on March 14, 2019, in Ponte Vedra Beach . (Photo by Alex Quijano/PGA TOUR)
PGA TOUR FAN SHOP
PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience (near the main entrance)
Walk-up PGA TOUR Fan Shop in Sawgrass Square (near 10 tee)
Opening Weekend: The PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience will be open to the public the weekend before the tournament (March 4-6), so that our Northeast Florida community can come check out the unique merchandise collection and purchase commemorative items and apparel. No ticket is required, and guests can park in the public parking lot off CR 210.
Friday, March 4: 12 pm to 5 pm
Saturday, March 5: 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday, March 6: 10 am to 4 pm
- The PGA TOUR Fan Shop in the Welcome Experience has increased in size and is now 33,000 square feet.
- Expansion of iconic swinging goldman logo on the following brands: Peter Millar, johnnie–O, Greyson, Lululemon and Lily Pulitzer
Welcome Experience presented by Optum, Morgan Stanley and Grant Thornton: New in 2022, each of THE PLAYERS’ Proud Partners (Optum, Morgan Stanley and Grant Thornton) are introducing new interactive displays in THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience.
Food Court: Firehouse Subs, Homespun Kitchen, The Local, Tropical Smoothie, Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q
17th Hole Challenge presented by Optum, Morgan Stanley and Optum: a replica of the famed 17th hole where fans can take two free shots at the Island Green or purchase an additional chance for a $5 donation to First Tee - North Florida, Fans can make a $20 donation (or more) for a “The First Tee Fast Pass” to bypass the queue, take five shots and receive a free sleeve of golf balls. All proceeds will benefit First Tee - North Florida.
The Grove presented by Maestro Dobel Tequila: Enjoy eleven generations of tequila-making legacy at The Grove with Maestro Dobel Tequila, Official Tequila of the PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions. Sharing its commitment to mastery with golf fans, Maestro Dobel offers three signature cocktails featuring its range of smooth tequilas including the Diamante Tee Time, available at the entrance of the course. While in the lounge, experience Dobel’s rich history and hone your tequila knowledge with the brand’s tequila experts, while also learning about “Art of the Cocktail.” Please drink responsibly.
Fan Bleachers presented by Daily’s
Public covered bleachers and deck with views of 12 and 13. Beer, wine and soda available for purchase
Fan Bleachers presented by TruGreen
Public covered bleachers with deck and views of the 10th tee and 16th tee, with beer, wine and soda available for purchase
Family Suite presented by Wolfson Children’s Hospital
As part of Baptist’s program as the on-site provider of medical services, the Family Suite will extend their services to attendees of The Players with the venue serving as a comfort station for mothers and fathers to care for their babies and have a comfortable venue as needed during tournament week. The venue is open to all ticketholders and will also be providing diapers free of charge.
Kids Zone presented by Nemours Children’s Health – near 8 green
Open-to-the public featuring activities for kids and families, including a putt-putt event on Saturday, March 12 at 10 a.m.
Morgan Stanley Eagles for Impact – 18 fairway
Open-to-the-public venue where fans are encouraged to stop by to test their putting skills and post for a virtual photo with Justin Rose.
Food and Drink
Taste of JAX – 11 green/12 tee
- Cousins Maine Lobster – serving up its 100% premium, wild-caught, sustainably harvested lobster from Maine.
- Mojo BBQ – a premier barbecue, southern food, and craft cocktail destination with eight locations in North and Central Florida.
- ABBQ – Serving up Texas style BBQ at the Beach.
- Silkie’s Chicken & Champagne Bar – Historic Springfield upscale casual restaurant featuring Chef Kenny Gilbert’s Signature Fried Chicken, Biscuits & Champagne Cocktails.
- Taste of Jax Bar featuring Tito’s at the Turn
Wine & Dine on 9 presented by Meiomi Wines – 9 fairway
Enjoy food from Bonefish Grill and a glass of wine from Meiomi Wines, the official wine of the PGA TOUR, in a beautiful garden setting. Take a few swings in the Sip and Swing golf simulator while you’re here, and if you need to freshen up, take advantage of the permanent restrooms.
Relax, unwind, and discover the unrivaled taste of Meiomi Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Rosé. Cheers!
(Please enjoy Meiomi wines responsibly.)
Food Court – THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience
- Homespun Kitchen – Healthy fast food. Whether you are vegan, gluten free or paleo, you will find tons of options at Homespun.
- Firehouse Subs – This sandwich shop was founded in Jacksonville.
- Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q –Lou Bono opened the first Bono’s on Beach Boulevard in 1949. The restaurant prides itself on serving up an authentic Southern Pit barbecue experience you won’t forget.
- The Local – Jacksonville based high quality café focusing on delicious food with unique twists on every dish as well as craft booze and coffee.
- Tropical Smoothie – Bold, flavorful smoothies, wraps, sandwiches, flatbreads and salads with high-quality ingredients and fresh produce.
Trucks on 10
This venue offers flavors from local, favorite food trucks and an open-air Michelob ULTRA Mobile bar.
Tacos on 12 – 12 green
One of the most well-trafficked food venues on the course, featuring food and drink from TacoLu, Jacksonville’s most popular Baja Mexicana. Also featuring ShotLink Shootout presented by CDW.
Sawgrass Square – 10 tee
Located at the Davis Love III Entry, grab a donut from Mini Bar and/or some BBQ from 4 Rivers Smokehouse.
- Mini Bar – Jacksonville’s first mini donut shop will be serving up a set menu of mini-sized donuts in more than a dozen unique flavors. Some examples include fruity pebbles, samoa, pop tart, maple bacon, and coffee cake.
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse – a sophisticated Texas-style smokehouse
- Daily's Concession
- FanShop Express
The Patio – between 10 tee and 18 green/16 tee
The Patio offers a shaded fan zone that includes open-air seating and a videoboard to keep up with the tournament action. The Patio features a Michelob ULTRA bar as well as food from V Pizza, founded by Jacksonville natives with the goal of bringing true Neapolitan pizza to their hometown.
Wine Lounge presented by Meiomi Wines – 8 green
As the Official Wine of the PGA TOUR, Meiomi is thrilled to bring their beloved wine lounge to this year’s PLAYERS Championship. Meiomi, one of the leading wine brands priced $15 and above, and has gained a loyal following for its world-class portfolio of California wines beloved for their flavor, balance and approachability.
In the lounge, fans can experience the world of Meiomi on-site through an immersive golf viewing venue with interactive moments including:
- Meiomi’s Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Rosé, and Chardonnay Wine offerings
- Interactive photo moment – Live succulent wall with putting green, with clubs for interactive photo experience
- Customized golf decor
- Branded championship cups
- Meiomi putting experience
- Live viewing of the match on the TVs throughout the lounge area
Bier Garden presented by Hoptinger – behind 16 green
Near the Couples (rideshare) Entry. Choose from a variety of craft beer and bar bites from Hoptinger, a locally-owned bier garden and sausage house.
Sawgrass Splash – the signature cocktail of THE PLAYERS
The Sawgrass Splash is the official drink of THE PLAYERS Championship, the PGA TOUR’s flagship event that takes place each March in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. The Splash is made with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, the Official Vodka of the PGA TOUR, mixed with fresh lemonade, orange juice and a squeeze of lime. It’s best served in a tall glass over ice.
Sawgrass Splash ingredients:
- 1.5oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz. lemonade
- 2 oz. orange juice
- Squeeze of lime juice
The Oasis ft. Tito’s Stillhouse Lounge
Open to ticketholders who are 21+, The Oasis is an air-conditioned venue with signature cocktails from Tito’s Handmade Vodka, as well as food and drink available for purchase.
Palm Valley Village featuring BUBBA Burger and Comcast Business Pavilion
Enjoy food and beverage available for purchase from BUBBA Burger
The Grove featuring Maestro Dobel Tequila
Enjoy eleven generations of tequila-making legacy at The Grove with Maestro Dobel Tequila, the official tequila of the PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions. Sharing its commitment to mastery with golf fans, Maestro Dobel offers three signature cocktails featuring its range of smooth tequilas including the Diamante Tee Time, available at the entrance of the course. While in the lounge, experience Dobel’s rich history and hone your tequila knowledge with the brand’s tequila experts, while also learning about “Art of the Cocktail.” Please drink responsibly.
Diamante Tee Time Official Cocktail
- 1.5 oz. Maestro Dobel Diamante
- 0.5 oz. Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz. Agave Syrup (1:1)
- 1.75 oz. Green Tea
- 2 slices of Jalapeño
- Garnish: Slice of Jalapeño
- Add jalapeños to a shaker and muddle.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except tea, to the shaker.
- Add ice, shake, and double strain into an ice filled rocks glass.
- Top with tea and stir lightly.
- Place jalapeño slice on the rim.
Autograph Zones and Policy
- Two locations in 2022 – practice grounds and near the scoring area
- On-course autograph seeking is prohibited (this includes, but is not limited to, tees, fairways, greens and practice areas during practice rounds and tournament rounds).
- Autograph seeking will be restricted to designated autograph zones: practice grounds and scoring area
- No memorabilia can be brought into the tournament including pin flags, photos, trading cards, balls and other sports paraphernalia
Permanent Restrooms and Filtered Water Stations
- Near No. 10 tee/No. 16 tee
- Wine & Dine on 9 (near No. 5 green/No. 9 fairway)
- behind 16 green (near The Grove)
- Taste of JAX (Located behind 11 green and 12 tee)
Remember: THE PLAYERS will allow reusable plastic or metal cups up to 32oz at entries, as long as they are empty.