It appears your browser may be outdated. For the best website experience, we recommend updating your browser.
You’ve had an amazing time at THE PLAYERS Championship so far, and now you want to make the absolute most of your trip by exploring everything Northeast Florida and Florida’s Historic Coast have to offer. Here’s our guide for what to do away from the golf course.
From our 120 miles of beaches to shopping, sporting events, arts and culture experiences and endless local food and drink offerings, there’s something for everyone.
It’s no wonder Jacksonville was the only U.S. city to be named one of “10 Best Value Destinations for 2018” by Lonely Planet. Embark on this fan journey, and there’s a slight possibility you may never want to leave. After all, “It’s Easier Here.”
1. If you’re flying into or out of Jacksonville International Airport, make a pit stop at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, just a 15-minute drive from the airport and one of the top-25 zoos in the country. Visit the “Land of the Tiger” exhibit and get inspired to watch Tiger Woods when you go to THE PLAYERS!
2. Grab a bit to eat in Downtown Jax. With over 50 restaurants to choose from, you really can’t go wrong. Some of our favorites include Hawkers Asian Street Fair, Hoptinger, Matthew’s, Cowford Chophouse and Taverna.
3. Still have more time before you head out to the beach? Check out the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens in the historic Riverside area. Overlooking the St. Johns River, the Museum is home to over 5,000 works of art spanning 8,000 years!
4. Explore the beaches. Rent aquatic equipment and go paddleboarding, surfing, boating, fishing and more.
5. Go to Beaches Town Center and grab some seafood from North Beach Fish Camp, followed by some homemade frozen custard from locally owned Whit’s Frozen Custard.
6. Still have a sweet tooth? Go to Mini Bar Donuts on Beach Blvd and get a hot donut to order. Mini Bar will also be selling donuts at THE PLAYERS, because there’s no such thing as too many donuts. #holeinone
7. If you didn’t check out Tacos on 12 at the tournament, go to TacoLu on Beach Blvd. to visit Jacksonville’s most popular Baja Mexicana!
8. Travel back in time to historic St. Augustine, Florida, the oldest city in the United States. Go on a Ghost Tour, visit Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest masonry fort in the continental U.S., feed the alligators at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park, tour the oldest wooden schoolhouse in the U.S. and stroll the cobblestone-laden St. George Street.
9. Tag us in your photos @THEPLAYERSChamp on Twitter, @THEPLAYERS on Facebook, @theplayerschamp on Instagram and use the hashtag #THEPLAYERS so we can see how much fun you’re having!
© 1995-2019 PGA TOUR, Inc | All Rights Reserved.
PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, Web.com Tour, and the Swinging Golfer design are registered trademarks.
Web.com is also a registered trademark used here with permission, and used in the Web.com Tour logo with permission.