THE PLAYERS Championship launches Chip In For Charity and Birdies for Charity fundraising programs
Both programs open registration on December 1 and start on December 15
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FL - MARCH 12: A course scenic view of the 17th hole during the first round of THE PLAYERS Championship on THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass on March 12, 2020, in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. (Photo by Stan Badz/PGA TOUR)
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida – As communities across the globe celebrate Giving Tuesday, THE PLAYERS Championship announced two charitable programs that will support the fundraising goals of nonprofit organizations in the five-county area (Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau, and St. Johns counties). Registration for charities interested in participating in the Chip In For Charity and Birdies for Charity programs begins on Wednesday, December 1, and both programs launch on Wednesday, December 15.
“It’s embedded in our mission statement to serve and support the community where we host this championship, so we are excited to bring back both of these programs that will raise funds for local organizations committed to improving lives throughout Northeast Florida,” said Jared Rice, Executive Director of THE PLAYERS.
Chip In For Charity
THE PLAYERS has reformatted its Chip in For Youth program by expanding the list of local charities eligible to participate to all those who fall within one of THE PLAYERS’ key charitable pillars – youth services, education, character development, health, wellness and sports, and military support. The new program, Chip In For Charity, will allow participating organizations to receive $40 from every competition round ticket (Thursday through Sunday) purchased in their name under the program, while supplies last.
How it works:
- Starting December 1, charities interested in participating can register at http://www.theplayerschipinforcharity.com/.
- Charities approved to participate will receive a unique ticketing code to distribute to their supporters.
- Starting December 15 and running through Friday, February 25, each charity’s supporters can use the unique code to purchase tickets to THE PLAYERS at THEPLAYERS.com/tickets in their name under the program. Note - Each guest will be allowed to purchase up to four (4) Stadium Passes per day, per account.
Birdies for Charity
The Birdies for Charity campaign is returning and will once again give local charities the chance to raise money by inviting fans to make a donation to the charity and guess how many birdies will be made during THE PLAYERS 2022. Upon completion of the championship, the individual who successfully guesses the exact number of birdies (or closest thereto) will be awarded a grand prize of $10,000.
In addition, THE PLAYERS will provide a $150,000**** bonus pool, giving eligible charities the chance to receive additional funds. More details are available at http://birdiesforcharity.playerschampionship.com/.
Registration opens on December 1, and charities approved to participate can collect donations from December 15 to Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
For charities who have additional questions about both programs, please contact Marjorie Dennis, THE PLAYERS’ Community Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other key items to know:
- Youth Tickets: Up to two (2) youth, ages 15 and under, will be admitted free with a ticketed adult all week long. All youth ages six and older must have a ticket in order to access hospitality venues.
- Parking passes are not included in any ticket purchases. A separate parking pass is required each day of tournament week, Tuesday through Sunday, and must be purchased online in advance via THEPLAYERS.com/parking. Tuesday and Wednesday parking will be $15 per day, plus tax; Thursday through Sunday is $40 per day, plus tax. Parking will not be sold on-site and all parking passes will be digital. Rideshare is also available and will drop off and pick up at the Couples entry off ATP Boulevard, a short walk from the 15th hole.