It appears your browser may be outdated. For the best website experience, we recommend updating your browser.
The best views in golf just got better
When THE PLAYERS Stadium Course debuted in 1982, it was unique in the world of golf, having been built with the spectator in mind. In many ways, it was way before its time, but improvements were still needed over the past 25-plus years to maintain the excellent fan experience.
Recent improvements include significant mounding work done as part of the course renovation between the 2006 and 2007 events, and then there were further mounding changes around No. 2 green and No. 3 tee before the 2010 event and around No. 18 green for the 2011 event. In 2016, THE PLAYERS enhanced viewing with mounds on 11 green, 12 tee, 15 green and a lowered mound on 4 tee. The hospitality venues on 17 became two-storied, creating another level of ticketed hospitality venues for viewing.
Toward that goal of continual improvement, THE PLAYERS Stadium Course has undergone additional changes for the 2017 event:
· The Davis Love III gate is now located off the entrance of Club Service Drive and will act as our VIP entrance gate.
· New fan bleacher on No. 12.
· All greens resurfaced with TifEagle bermudagrass from Mini Verde.
· Redesigned No. 12 into a risk/reward drivable par 4.
· Created lake between holes Nos. 6 and 7.
· Rebuilt all bunkers and regressed bunker surround with Celebration bermudagrass.
Each year THE PLAYERS strives to improve preexisting aspects of the tournament. 2017 tournament improvements include:
· The Blue Room VIP Lounge presented by Michelob ULTRA will now be located behind No. 17, adjacent to the Welcome Experience and open Thursday – Sunday.
· Redesigned Practice Grounds to improve visual elements and create a world-class practice area.
· Redesigned/expanded TOUR member short game practice area and teeing ground.
· Repositioned tee on No. 7 and shifted tee back on No. 15.
· Recaptured the original green size on Nos. 3 and 6.
· Modified green contours on No. 8.
· Expanded greens for new hole locations on holes Nos. 1, 4, 9, 11 and 13.
© 1995-2021 PGA TOUR, Inc | All Rights Reserved.
PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, Korn Ferry Tour, and the Swinging Golfer design are registered trademarks.
Web.com is also a registered trademark used here with permission, and used in the Web.com Tour logo with permission.