As part of its commitment to support local nonprofits throughout the year, THE PLAYERS hosts two annual grant programs, THE PLAYERS Grants and the Red Coats Grants.
THE PLAYERS Grants
With a history and tradition of giving, THE PLAYERS receives numerous requests for funding and support from charities throughout the region. To increase its knowledge and understanding of the growing and ever-changing needs of citizens and communities in northeast Florida, THE PLAYERS has established guidelines, ensuring alignment with its mission, priorities, and resources. THE PLAYERS accepts grant proposals from nonprofit organizations who do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, military and veteran status, disability, sex, age, gender identity, orientation, or any other class protected by law.
Eligible organizations include the following:
- Hold a current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Government entities (law enforcement or fire departments) with a funding request to serve the public
- Educational institutions (K-12 public, private, charter schools, and colleges and universities)
Such organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Operate and serve citizens in the five-county area of Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau, and St. Johns counties.
- Provide services aligned with priority focus areas - Youth services; Education; Character development; Health, wellness and sports; Military support;
- Have been in operation with sound fiscal management practices and operations for a minimum of five years.
Grant Application Timeline
The 2022 grants program is open now through 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, January 15.
Red Coat Grants
As a way to continue our ongoing commitment to Northeast Florida, the Red Coats - a committee of past volunteer chairpersons- oversee a grant program to support local charities. Since our founding, our mission has been to provide charitable and economic benefits to the communities where we play.
ELIGIBILITY – To be considered for funding, organizations must:
- Have a non-profit, tax-exempt classification under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Have broad community support and address specific community needs
- Expend funds and provide services in the following five counties: Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau and St. Johns
- Practice and provide services without discrimination as protected by law
EXCLUSIONS - Funds will not be granted for the following:
- Private foundations
- Organizations that are themselves, grant-making bodies
- Operational expenses (including salaries)
- Travel or conference expenses
- Sponsorships, events or projects for which staff receive tangible benefits or privileges
- Political Action Committees, political causes or candidates
- Debt reduction
- Gifts, honorarium, gratuities’
PARAMETERS - Here’s what we are looking for:
- Project or program specific needs
- Lives impacted, services provided, needs met, increased reach, etc.
- Request between $2,000 - $12,500
When submitting a grant application, please ensure all requested information is uploaded to the application and keep attachments to a minimum.
- Proof of the organization’s 501(c)(3) status
- Most recent financial statements (audited statements preferred)
- Most recent IRS form 990
- Operating budget for the current fiscal year
- Supporting documents regarding how funds will be used.
RECOGNITION OF THE PLAYERS
If awarded a grant, recipients may identify THE PLAYERS as a contributor; provided, however, all such acknowledgments and promotions shall be subject to the prior approval of THE PLAYERS. This may be accomplished through newsletters, websites, events, annual reports, signage, interviews, etc. Recipients may not imply or infer an affiliation or association with, or endorsement, approval or recommendation by, PGA TOUR, THE PLAYERS or the Red Coats. THE PLAYERS will provide a copy of the logo for recipients to use.
GRANT APPLICATION TIMELINE
We look forward to re-launching in 2023.