THE PLAYERS Championship announces open auditions for National Anthem performers
Tournament seeks talented individuals and groups to perform at annual military appreciation ceremony and concert
National Anthem Auditions
As THE PLAYERS Championship makes its preparations to celebrate its 50th Anniversary, the tournament is inviting the talent of Northeast Florida to audition to perform the National Anthem before its annual military appreciation ceremony and concert on Tuesday, March 12th.
Local performers of all ages are encouraged to participate and share their rendition of the national anthem. Interested musicians are asked to upload a video and submit an application by 5 p.m. on Monday, November 6. Once submitted, auditions will go through a judging process and if selected, the winner will be notified by the tournament via email. All questions regarding the application process should be directed to email@example.com
“With this year being the 50th anniversary of THE PLAYERS, we could not think of a more perfect way to celebrate our championship and its longstanding tradition of honoring the military than inviting our hometown talent to perform The Star-Spangled Banner,” said Lee Smith, Executive Director of THE PLAYERS Championship.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the form below to be considered to perform the national anthem at THE PLAYERS Military Appreciation Day Ceremony. Applications close on November 6th.
Your audition video must be uploaded to the form below. Requirements include:
- Participants must live in the five-county area of Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau, and St. Johns counties.
- Individual vocalists, group vocalists, and instrumentalists are invited to audition. All vocal auditions must be performed a cappella (no musical accompaniment).
- All performances must adhere to the traditional tune of the Star-Spangled Banner and must not exceed two minutes.
- All video auditions to be recorded horizontally and use a video link such as YouTube, Google Drive or DropBox, with public permissions. Audio files, tapes, or CDs will not be accepted.
- Must be available on Monday, March 11th for a dress rehearsal at TPC Sawgrass and on Tuesday, March 12th for the live performance at THE PLAYERS. Finalists must also be willing to participate in a second virtual audition date in the fall.